Follow these links for more information on the Direct Access Program:
Recommended for Immediate Implementation:1. Eliminate authorized signatures: APPROVED. Effective July 1, 2015.
2. Eliminate participation categories: APPROVED. Further discussion and clarification is needed before implementing.
3. Insert clearer language in the DAP policy about the responsibility of both the card issuing library and the lending library in the case of unreturned materials. NOT APPROVED. Further discussion and clarification is needed.
4. Varying lengths of time that a DAP card is valid, determined by the issuing library: APPROVED. Effective July 1, 2015.
8. CDLC to develop more DAP training for staff at participating libraries: APPROVED. Effective July 1, 2015.
Requires Further Discussion:5. Develop a central database of valid DAP card holders at CDLC.
6. Redesign DAP cards to make them more official and informative.
7. Issuing library should attach a unique number to each DAP patron.
More detailed information about these recommendations, and the justification for each, can be found here.
Thank you for your support of this program and for providing your comments to ensure this valuable service continues to meet your needs.
(last updated June 26, 2015)