Hospital Library Service Program
Funded by New York State, the Hospital Library Service Program (HLSP) is a statewide effort to improve library service to the professional staff of hospitals in New York State. The HLSP Advisory Committee provides planning consultation for the program by assisting in review of the annual budget and application and reviewing the Annual and Five-Year Plans of Service.
Administered by CDLC, the HLSP in the Capital District provides the following services:
- Health Related Links
- Shared Audio Visuals/Equipment Consortium (SAVE)
- Assistance in meeting JCAHO and NY State Department of Education requirements for hospital libraries.
- Reference, database retrieval, and interlibrary loan services.
- Cataloging service through CDLC.
- Library materials grants.
- Access to audio-visuals to support hospital staff mandatory requirements and continuing education.
- Continuing education opportunities for library staff
The following hospital libraries currently participate in the HLSP:
- Albany Medical College
- Albany Memorial Hospital
- Ellis Hospital
- Glens Falls Hospital
- Nathan Littauer Hospital
- St. Mary's Hospital / Amsterdam
- St. Peter's Hospital
- Samaritan Hospital
- Saratoga Hospital
- Seton Health System
- Sunnyview Hospital and Rehabilitation Center
For more information please follow the link to view the NYS Regulations for the Hospital Library Service Program, found on the New York State Library's Department of Library Development web pages.
|Baia, Patricia||Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Desbiens, Pat||Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital|
|Irish, Elizabeth||Albany Medical College|
|Lasek, Mark||Northeast Health|
|Mitchell, Kim||Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Szczerba, Chris (chair)||New York State Library|
|Tosh, Christopher||Capital District Library Council Liaison|
|Winkelman, Donna||Glens Falls Hospital|
For more information on the Hospital Library Service Program contact HLSP Coordinator Christopher Tosh.