The CDLC Cooperative Cataloging Program dates back to early 1974 when CDLC/OCLC profiles were started for Albany Law School, Empire State College, Fulton-Montgomery Community College, Schenectady County Community College, SUNY Agricultural and Technical College at Cobleskill, and Union College. Catalog cards for new materials were made for five of the institutions on a regular basis; in addition, Albany Law School converted much of its collection to machine readable records (MARC) through the CDLC program. At this time, five of the original colleges are full OCLC members.
In addition to the libraries mentioned above Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, College of St. Rose, BMPC-KAPL, Inc., and the Benet Technical Library have participated at one time or another in the CDLC cooperative cataloging program.
CDLC's Cooperative Cataloging Program provides libraries with comprehensive cataloging services on OCLC. As an OCLC processing center CDLC has made cataloging available to member libraries who are not direct members of OCLC. CDLC provides MARC records, cards and labels. Classification is available in LC, Dewey or NLM. Subject headings provided are LC and/or NLM. Cataloging is available for all types of materials. Original cataloging can be provided for titles not found in the OCLC database. All cataloging work done at CDLC is immediately included in CaDiLaC Online.
CDLC is currently providing cataloging services for:
- Adirondack Research Library
- Dudley Observatory
- Glens Falls Hospital
- Hamilton-Fulton-Montgomery SLS
- Healthcare Association of New York (HANYS)
- Irish American Heritage Museum
- Iroquois Indian Museum
- Landmark Society of Western NY (Rochester Regional Library Council)
- Literacy New York Greater Capital Region
- Literacy Volunteers of Rensselaer County
- Maria College
- NYS Department of Economic Development
- NYS Military Museum
- Ontario County Historical Society (Rochester Regional Library Council)
- Questar School Library System
- Rensselaer County Historical Society
- Rochester Civic Garden Center (Rochester Regional Library Council)
- Rudolf Steiner Library of the Anthroposophical Society in America
- Samaritan Hospital
- Saratoga Hospital
- Schenectady County Historical Society
- Seton Health
- SI Group
- St. Augustine's School
- St. Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam
- St. Peter's Hospital
- Sunnyview Hospital
- Upper New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
Follow this link to view CDLC's Cataloging Fees chart.
Contact Sue Rahn for more information.